When we moved away from Iowa, I had a couple of really old doors with the super cool keyholes in them. I was saving them for the day to come when I could turn them into something magnificent. Recently I got challenged to create a project using Krylon spray paint and the light bulb in the creative part of my brain lit up! I used Krylon Dual Paint and Primer in the color Watermelon to create this awesome desktop from an old door.
I first removed the hardware and then painted the door.
I thought it looked pretty just drying in my front yard!
When it was totally dry from two even coats, I put the hardware back on and moved it inside. The legs are actually table ends from Ikea costing only $10 each which makes this project not only fabulous but also ultra thrifty.
I really LOVE the way the hardware looks when the door is serving as a horizontal desktop!
I have another door and a can of Mandarin (orange). I am making another one because being creative often requires lots of space!
If you love to spray paint and create your own DIY projects, you can enter a fabulous contest using Krylon here. Check out these awesome prizes!
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the following:
$500 cash prize*
*Winner will receive an IRS 1099 form to complete and is responsible for all related taxes.
- One (1) Second Prize Winner will receive the following: $300 cash prize
- One (1) Third Prize Winner will receive the following: $200 cash prize
- One (1) Fourth Prize Winner will receive the following: $100 cash prize
- One (1) Fifth Prize Winner will receive the following: $100 cash prize
- Twelve (12) participants will be selected by guest judges and receive: A set of Krylon® spray paints (MSRP $70)