These pillows can be whipped/stitched up in 14 minutes each to create some adorable DIY Valentines Day decor for your home, office, studio, classroom….even car. Why not?
You will need the following materials/supplies:
- Red Felt 2 18 inch squares per pillow ( I used Kunin ecofi Classic)
- Fabric Hearts (I Used my New HEART die from Sizzix)
- Scissors (Fabric and Decorative)
- Giant Button (These are Radical Red Buttons from my Laura Kelly collection with Buttons Galore)
- Red Embroidery Floss/Needle
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion
- Pillow Stuffing (I used Poly Fill from Fairfield)
Here’s what to do:
- Sew your two pieces of felt together using the zig-zag stitch 2 inches in from the edge. Leave a 4 inch opening to stuff the pillow.
- Stuff the pillow then sew it shut on the sewing machine.
- Trip your edges. I used decorative fabric scissors.
- Stitch your buttons to your hearts then adhere them to the pillow with the Fabric Fusion. I used the Fabric Fusion sheets but you could use the Quick Dry Fabric Fusion or the tapes too.
I think they are rock star cute in my studio. Where would you put them?
Cheers to DIY Valentines Day,