This month’s crafty challenge with the DCC (Designer Crafts Connection, a group of professional international designers/bloggers) was to use ribbon from Offray to create something fabulous! How adorable is this little upcycled jar turned into a fairy lantern? With a little wire and some Offray brand ribbon (and the jar of course) you can create one in a matter of minutes!
It’s as easy as 1…2…3….!
- Wrap the wire around the lid of jar and twist it secure leaving a super long tail.
- Bend the wire into a handle then wrap it around the jar again to secure it.
- Add ribbons tied all over it to decorate and make it really pretty.
If you want to add the buttons, you have to thread them to the center of your wire piece AFTER you do the first twisting and BEFORE the second.
You can also use these adorable creations for lots of other great things like…
- Treat jars filled with candies.
- St0rage jars for hair clips and rubberbands.
- Place settings at a table with the silverware and napkins.
- Pencil Cup.
What other creative ideas can you think of?
If you are a ribbon lover, like me, here are a few other fun ribbon projects that I have shared.
Ribbon makes everything prettier, more festive and happier. Well, I think so anyway!