I love Earth Day! It is one of the days that I loved most when I was teaching elementary school. I think it is a great day to spread love and growth through gift giving, the recycled creative kind of giving. This recycled World Market pasta jar gift is PERFECT for teachers, neighbors and friends. I love it even more because the pasta sauce was a part of a dinner gift for a friend before the jar was recycled into this one!
So here’s I used to make this…
- Pasta Jar with Label Removed and Washed
- Self Inking Stamp from Expressionery (one of my designs)!
- Scrapbook Paper
- Paper Ribbon from World Market
- Raffia from World Market
- Kraft Tag from World Market
- Paper Gift Filler from World Market
- Your Gift that Goes Inside (Garden Gloves, Apron, Seeds, Yummy Treats)
And here is how I did it…
- I put about an inch of tiny pebbles in the bottom and then 2 inches of gift filler.
- I added a pair of garden gloves and a pack of flower seeds to the jar.
- I put the lid on and added the paper ribbon tied around the jar as bows.
- I added a little scrapbook paper with tape.
- I stamped the kraft tag with my awesome stamp from Expressionery and tied it through the paper ribbons. You could add the raffia here too!
If you think this is adorable, check out these little jars from World Market (better know as spice jars) filled with grass seeds! The girls are giving them to their friends on Earth Day! We used the same packaging materials to make them so super cute. The big jar is for Zoe’s teacher (another recycled pasta jar filled with grass seed)! She thinks her teacher might want to have everyone in the class plant some. I love her kindness.
If you want any of these supplies, you can get them at World Market. Except the stamp, you can order it HERE ! If you love a deal, you can get it 50% off with this promo code: JUSTFORYOU starting April 19th! With it, you can create lots of upcycled jar gifts!
Happy Celebrating Earth Day Today and Every Single Other Day!