JJ and I decided to make homemade macaroni and cheese. We researched recipes then blended a few together and added some ingredients of our own. It worked. It was easy to make and super crazy delicious too!
Here is our recipe!
- 16 ounces uncooked elbow noodles
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 1 sleeve butter crackers (Ritz is our fave)
- Cook the noodles as instructed and drain. Set aside.
- Mix milk, butter, salt and pepper in large saucepan and heat on medium high until bubbly.
- Add the cheese and mix it in until melted.
- Combine noodles and mixture then pour into a 9x12 inch greased baking dish.
- Add crumbled crackers and tomato slices to top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degree immediately.
Am I the only one that loves to butter the dish. Yes, I washed my hands before using my finger to doodle that heart.
Look how yummy it is looking before the tomato slices get added. Truth…I ate one of the Ritz crackers instead of crushing it up.
And fresh from the oven…
It would be PERFECT to take to a potluck dinner as a side dish OR to serve as a main dish at home!
Try it. I bet it would great with any of the following things added to it:
- Grilled Asparagus
- Black Olives
- Pieces of Ham (or Bacon)
If you make it, let me know what you think!