As part of the Expressionery BAKES campaign sponsored by both Expressionery and The Bakers Party Shop, I receive a baking box of goodness. In the box was a cookie cutter and while I found it to be more than adorable, I dies a little. I have never been very successful at getting sugar cookies to actually come out of the oven in the shape of the cutter. And so I set out to make it happen. I was determined to create Bee Hive Cut Out Sugar Cookies and I did it!
Here are my sugar cookie tips…
- Make sure your dough is chilled before you roll it out!
- Roll dough evenly BETWEEN two sheets of parchment paper.
- Use flour on the rolled dough before and after cutting.
- Chill the cutouts again BEFORE peeling them from the parchment paper to transfer to the baking sheet.
- It’s all about the chill!
The cutter, all my itself, it so cute!
I decorated the hive with white frosting covered in yellow sprinkles then writing frosting for the lines. I have to admit, I am quite proud of myself. The whole big Expressionery BAKES bloggy party is this Sunday with LOTS of great blogs sharing lots of great projects combining their custom stamps from Expressionery and goodies from The Bakers Party Shop so be sure to come back then.
The Baked with Love tag (made with my stamp from Expressionery) is so adorable with this cookie!
Cheer and Have a Great Weekend,