Sometimes we just make breakfast (and lunch and dinner) work with what we have in the house. This morning was one of those mornings and we created waffle and egg casserole. It was awesome and so I am sharing it.
- 4 Frozen Waffles, Thawed and cut in small pieces
- 8 Eggs Beaten
- Ham (Lunch meat Slices) 8 oz
- 1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Grease the bottom of an 9x12 baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place waffle pieces on bottom.
- Add ham (cut up into small pieces) over waffles.
- Sprinkle cheese over ham.
- Pour beaten eggs on top.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top to taste.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until eggs are cooked.
- Serves 6
The great thing about this is that you can prepare it the night before and have it ready to pop in the oven when you wake up!
It would be yummy to add fresh veggies too (like tomatoes, pepper, onions, etc. We just didn’t have any!
We served it with fruit skewers. YUM!
Cheers and Happy Creative Cooking,