This homemade dark chocolate peppermint bark is delicious! It was super crazy simple to make and not only is pretty but it is yummy too. It is great for cookie exchanges or to wrap up festive and give as a gift. I got everything I needed at World Market, of course. Being an ambassador for World Market really makes my life so much sweeter.
First step…gather your stuff.
My girls love to shave the chocolate bars. Once it gets to be this size, we eat the remaining bar.
It is so easy to make. Here is the recipe.
- 12 oz Meltable White Chocolate
- 12 oz Meltable Milk Chocolate
- 12 oz crushed peppermint candy
- 2 World Market DARK chocolate bars
- Use a peeler to shave chocolate bars and set shavings aside.
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour layer or white chocolate and let harden. (Can speed up in freezer)
- Pour layer of milk chocolate (saving about 1/8 cup for drizzle) and then pour candy while it is still soft so it will stick. Let harden.
- Drizzle remaining milk chocolate over candy and sprinkle on dark chocolate shavings.
- Let harden then break into pieces.
- HINT...the stuff that falls off and apart when breaking it up is GREAT on top of hot cocoa and whipped cream!
It is pretty, don’t you think?
These little gift boxes and tags are perfect to use with an Expressionery stamp to create baked goody gifts.
Happy Making Holiday Sweet Treats and CHEERS to #allthecandycanes !!!