I love jalapeno peppers but sometimes they are just too hot to handle. This recipe make a great addition to dinner when you are grilling and the blueberries chill the peppers out to a yummy state. Blueberry jalapeno grillers also make a great appetizer or party food.
- Whole Jalapeno Peppers
- Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 C Cream Cheese
- 1/2 C Shredded Cheese (however hot you like)
- Clean your peppers and blueberries.
- Cut the tops off of your peppers and take the seeds out.
- Mix the cream cheese with the shredded cheese and stuff the peppers with the mixture, adding a few blueberries to each.
- Grill for about 12-15 minutes until peppers are cooked and cheese is melted.
- Serve whole or sliced down the middles.
I have this handy little cooker thingie for the grill that holds the peppers upright.
As they cook on the grill, the cheese just melts down into the peppers without oozing out which is great.
I like to let them cook for a couple of minutes thenslice them down the middle vertically to serve. I add extra blueberries too sometimes if the peppers are super hot (as in spicy hot).
If you don’t have a pepper holder for your grill, this one from World Market is reallllllly cute.
Blueberries are great tossed with artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes too. Adding a bit of oil and vinegar makes it even better and turns it into a salad. YUM!
I love blueberries!
Happy Cooking and Grilling,