I did it. I am so proud that it turned out great and my family (all but one) loved it. It was my first time and I am so excited to share what I put into my corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot.
I started with fresh veggies, the roast and my favorite pepper.
The layering in the crock pot was actually kind of pretty.
Ta Da! I served it with creamy peppered horseradish.
Here is the recipe…
- Roast of Corned Beef (6 pounds or so)
- 6 Idaho Potatoes Peeled and Chopped into 2 inch squares
- 1 Large Onion Cut in Slices
- 1/2 Cabbage Sliced Up
- 1 Can or Bottle Beer
- Put the potatoes and onions (and scallions if desired) into crock pot. Place roast on top then add pepper and seasoning pack if one came with your roast. Pour beer into pot and cook on high for 6-8 hours depending on size of roast.
- Add cabbage and cook for one more hour then serve with horseradish.
I highly recommend this yummy dinner to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day or any other day for that matter.
Cheers and Happy Cooking,