Lucky Charms for St. Patrick’s Day learning creates an opportunity for sweet treats and educational fun. Here is a recipe for sweet treats and a free printable to use for teaching a few skills too.
The treats are super easy and fun to make.
- 1 Box Lucky Charms Cereal
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 16 oz Mini Marshmallows
- Waxed Paper
- Green Melting Vanilla Wafers
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large glass bowl in the microwave and stir.
- Add cereal. (Keep a few charms out for the last step.)
- Form pops on waxed paper and insert straws.
- Chill until cool then drizzle melted vanilla over the top. Stick extra charms on.
- Chill before serving.
Making them is fun for kids. To make the process crazy fun (and keep the mixture for sticking to hands), coat hands in butter before forming the pops.
They are adorable.
If you have extra mix, you can spread it onto a greased cookie sheet and make bars.
To create the tags, I used this FREE printable that you can download and use too.
You can get the printable HERE.
It works great and is sturdy when mounted on to card stock.
You can use the tags on individual packages or stacks of treats to give to students, friends or family. They would be awesome for a bake sale too.
If you are sharing these treats as a part of an educational gathering, you might love this printable. It is great for sorting and graphing the charms.
You can buy it in my Teachers Pay Teachers store here as part of a whole packet.
Happy Creating and Learning!