I used my mom’s cheesecake recipe (the BEST cheesecake in the entire world) and modified the crust to include a box of Girl Scout cookies. The Savannah Smiles did not disappoint. the dessert was amazing. It was so yummy that I am sharing the blueberry cheesecake with lemon crust here so you can make it too! After all, what is one to do with a dozen plus extra boxes of Girl Scout cookies when the selling season ends.
The original recipe comes from my mom. When she passed away almost thirteen years ago, I was left with some of her handwritten recipes on cards in a box. It is one of my favorite possessions now. This cheesecake that I am sharing was altered in two ways. Her original recipe uses Graham Crackers in the crust and does not include the blueberries.
- 1 Box Savannah Smiles Girl Scout Cookies CRUSHED
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 3.4 C Sugar
- 2 Large Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Pint Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 C fresh washed blueberries
- Crust: Stir butter and crushed cookies together and press into bottom of a deep pie dish.
- Layer One - Combine and beat in mixer for ten minutes 3/4 C sugar, 2 Large Cream Cheeses, 2 Eggs 1 Tsp Vanilla - then pour over crust and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 20 minutes then....
- Stir together 1 Pint Sour Cream, 1/2 tsp Vanilla and 1/2 C Sugar. Pour over layer one then add blueberries. Bake 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Serve with extra cookies on top!
It all starts here…with a box of cookies.
Making the crust is the funnest part for kiddos. They LOVE to crush the cookies.
My favorite layer is the first.
My Girl Scout troop is simply the best. Here is a photo of us in our DISCO cookie booth this year. We are so proud to have won the Bling Your Booth (FIRST PLACE) for Colorado this year. My husband is the cookie dad and he has done such a great job at supporting the girls and ME. He rocks.