These banana split jar desserts are totally adorable and absolutely delicious. They have four layers of complete YUM with a splash of cherry from top to bottom. I can’t wait to share the recipe with you! But before I do, let me just tell you my favorite part of this dessert. It is hands down the cake layer on the bottom. It has CHERRY JUICE (right from the Cherry Man jar) baked in it which makes it super moist and crazy awesome. These jars are great to make ahead of time and work to serve for a party, a celebration or just for plain old fun!
The layering is what makes these so fabulous. The bottom layer is a cake layer (baked right in the jar). The second layer is chocolate pudding with mashed up BANANAS. In my book, that makes this healthy. The third layer is vanilla pudding BUT COULD BE ice cream too. And the top….whipped cream with sprinkles and CHERRIES!
The darling little decorations are what make desserts super special. These little banana splits that are adhered to the wooden spoons are from my Ice Cream Party printable collection. You can grab it from my store HERE. There are lots of fun ways to use the printable, including the creation of an ice cream sundae bar like this one! I got the darling red cake plate at World Market (along with the sprinkles candies and the straws).
Oh, that darling paper crafted banana split you spied in that photo. I made it with the die that I designed for Sizzix and you can get it too! It is part of the Sweet Treats collection and it is really fun to play and make things with.
Okay, the recipe already. Here you go…
- 8 oz Glass Jars - qty 8
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (With Necessary Ingredients)
- 1 Large Box Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 Large Box Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 4 C Milk
- 2 Bananas (Soft)
- 1 Jar Cherry Man Maraschino Cherries
- Whipped Cream
- Make your cake mix as instructed, adding the cherry juice from the jar.
- Evenly distribute into 8 jars and bake as instructed for cupcakes. COOL completely.
- Make chocolate pudding (with milk) and add smashed bananas.
- Pour evenly over cooled cake layer. CHILL
- Make vanilla pudding and pour evenly over chocolate layer. COOL.
- When ready to serve, add the whipped cream, sprinkles and CHERRIES!
- Decorate with fun straws and spoons.
I created a word search puzzle to go with this post because hey, kids who love banana splits and cherries probably love to do word searches too. You can grab it FREE here. The bonus is that it MATCHES the party printable!!!
TA DA! Try it. It is worth every one of the steps involved.
Cheers to Cherries,