WOWZA Kabawza. Stryofoam is 75 Years Old!!! I have been using their products as long as I can remember. I used them when I was tiny to make things for my dolls, in school projects (best solar system model ever, and with handmade flowers. As the years have gone by and I have (sort of) grown up, I have continues to be a maker and a designer…using Styrofoam for all kinds of great things. DO you know how Styrofoam came to be. Today I made a birthday celebration yard wrapped wreath. I LOVE it so so so much for so many reasons. Before I list them, let me share it with you. Ta Da…
Okay, here are the reasons I love it so much.
- It is colorful and bright. I love colorful and bright.
- It was relaxing and fun to make.
- It is going to be a decoration at Jordan’s Cupcake Wars birthday party in a few days.
- It used a bunch of my far too large stash of yarn.
- It supports a company that I respect.
- I got to make TWO trips to Michaels for this – double score.
- It uses flower die-cuts that I made with a die I DESIGNED FOR SIZZIX.
- It uses felt from Kunin Group where I am super proud member of the Dream Team.
- It reminds me of cheery happy thoughts, rainbows and unicorns.
- I secretly have been wanting to buy the tiny Styrofoam balls but needed a better reason than I could come up with.
I started like this…
And ended like this.
First, I cut out my die-cuts on my Big Shot machine. This is the die that I used to get the little flowers.
I wrapped yarn around the wreath first, with knots tied in the back. Then I covered the tiny balls in yarn and used hot glue to add them to the wreath…followed by my die-cut flowers and leaves.
Make one. It is super fun. It would be a fantastic project for a crafty gathering because there is so little mess with so much happy.
Cheers to Styrofoam’s 75th Birthday and to Bright Happy Things Made With Yarn,
This post contains affiliate links.
PS…Styrofoam is great for making decorative centerpieces too. Check out this Crepe Paper Flower Cone idea!