I wasn’t really sure about cooking a main dish with eggplant at home. It sounds perfect when in a fancy restaurant but I didn’t know if I could pull it off at home. I decided to be inspired by the current King Soopers Taste of Italy and try something new. It worked! I made this delicious eggplant primavera and it worthy of sharing.
It is super healthy so give it a try. When you go to King Soopers, look for this fun signage.
- 2 Eggplants sliced thick
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 4 Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 Large Red Onion Sliced
- 3 Cups Mushrooms Halved
- 3 C Fresh Spinach
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Sautee eggplant slices in olive oil to sear both sides then place in a large baking dish.
- Add a layer of tomatoes and a layer of mushrooms.
- Spread spinach leaves over entire dish.
- Pour jar of marinara sauce over spinach.
- Add onions.
- Bake at 350% for 40 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese if desired.
Cheers to trying new healthy recipes!