I don’t know about you but I am SO TOTALLY excited about the new movie Beauty and the Beast coming to the big screen in a matter of days! We got tickets the day they went on sale and will be there opening night with hearts wide open. This is my favorite Disney love story of all time. I love the animated movie. I love the Broadway musical. I love the beast!!! To celebrate our excitement, we threw together a little party. Hopefully these ideas will work for you too.
We are serving all sweets at this celebration. I personally love the chocolate dipped pretzels using Wilton’s Candy Melts.
The cupcakes were baked IN the teacups. Cute, right? They are topped with a tiny bit of icing and a strawberry cut like a rose.
A party would not be complete without an amazing sweet and pretty punch. This punch is one of our favorites. For Belle, we used raspberry sherbet but it is pretty yummy with any flavor.
- 1 Liter Ginger Ale
- 1/2 Gallon Raspberry Sherbet
- 64 Ounces Fruit Juice
- Mix the ginger ale and juice.
- Add scoops of sherbet either to individual cups or in a large punch bowl.
To create the garland, I used Kunin Group felt.
As for party fun, here is a FREE word search game. You can download it HERE.
If you want a craft, making felt roses is a blast. It is a tad difficult so probably best for eight years old and up (ish).
- Cut out 6 2 inch circles from red felt.
- Cut the circles in half.
- Stitch the circles together, overlapping a little with each one as you go.
- Wrap the long strand you have stitched together, gluing at the bottom as you go with either hot glue or felt glue.
Another fun craft is painting rock magnets of the ballroom outfits for Beauty and the Beast. I used Apple Barrel paints from Plaid for this because they are creamy and stay where you paint.
- Paint the yellow dress on one glass rock and the yellow tuxedo band on the the other.
- Paint the blue part of the tuxedo jacket on the Beast rock.
- Once these are dry, add details with black.
- Add magnets to the back with a strong adhesive. I recommend Liquid Fusion.
Okay, if all of this doesn’t get you excited to see the movie; watch the trailer!
Cheers! Cheers to Happily Ever After, Celebrations and Beauty!