I am super excited about this post and the next 7 to follow. This is the second in a series of DIY projects that you can make for Mother’s Day, A Kid’s CREATIVE Mother’s Day. After all, moms everywhere deserve to be celebrated for the amazing gifts that they share and the love they spread. This project is special because I am a true believer in the written word. This DIY stationery with a felt organizer for mom is easy and useful. I would like to thank Kunin Group for sponsoring this post and also let you know that the ideas and opinions are my own.
To make this darling stationery organizer, you will need the following items:
- Kunin Group Classic Felt (Several Colors)
- Sewing Machine (or Fabric Glue)
- Ribbon and Buttons to Embellish
- Paper and Envelopes to Create Stationery
- Ellison Die Cuts and Big Shot Machine (I used a large alphabet and flowers from my Woodland Mask Die.)
- Cut a piece of felt to measure 10 x 8.5 inches.
- Sew on your embellishment die cuts first then fold it up sp that is measures 10 x 6 inches.
- Sew the middle to create a pocket first, stopping 2.5 inches from the bottom.
- Sew the left and the right sides from bottom to top.
- Add buttons, ribbon or yarn to embellish.
If you want to add stationery, this organizer fits A2 envelopes with notes that measure 5.5 x 4.25 inches.
Creating gifts by hand makes them so special. This project works great with fabric glue too so works in the classroom with kiddos.
Cheers to Celebrating Moms!