It’s Day THREE of A Kid’s Creative Mother’s Day series and I am guessing that you any mom you make these muffins for will love them. Cherry banana muffins for moms is a pretty easy recipe and works great for muffins AND for a cake loaf too. Lots of schools celebrate moms in an early morning gathering called Muffins for Moms. If you are making muffins for such an event, these are perfect. I would like to thank Cherry Man for sponsoring this post and also remind you that as always, the ideas and opinions are my own. Truth is, I LOVE Cherry Man cherries.
First step, gather up your main two ingredients, Cherry Man Cherries and super ripe bananas.
Step two, mix up your batter and scoop into a muffin pan with liners.
Bake the muffins, frost them and add a cherry on top of each! Ta Da!
Here is the complete recipe.
- 3/4 C Margarine
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Mashed Bananas
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 C Flour (Almond Flour works great to make them gluten free)
- 3/4 Jar Chopped Cherry Man Cherries
- 6 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 4 TBSP Margarine
- 4 TBSP Evaporate Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsb Juice From Cherry Jar
- Powdered Sugar
- Cherries for the Top
- Beat together all ingredients for muffins.
- Fill muffin lines 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Bring brown sugar, milk, juice and butter to a boil
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar until it is spreadable. Frost while hot.
- Add cherries to the top of each muffin.
Here is a fun card to make for Mom to go with the muffins. You can grab the FREE printable here. Add your own details to the cherries, fold and ta da!
Cheers to Moms. Cheers to kids being creative.