It is that season again. Some love it like crazy. For others it causes anxiety. It is almost time for Girl Scouts to start selling cookies again. I am excited to share a few tips and ideas that have helped us reach our goals and create successful seasons.
- People are drawn to a darling booth. With so many girls selling, having a booth that took some effort sets a troop apart. The compliments and questions we get each year based on our booth leads to conversations about what we are up and what we are learning. Once the girls have initiated this authentic connection, people want to support and buy cookies! Here are a few of our recent booths. The photo booth was easy and fun. Last year’s booth was a little more work but helped us earn our woodworking badge at the same time. The great think about using felt from Kunin Group is that is lasts and lasts and lasts. We donated the rainbow garland to camp and they have it hanging now in art cabin. There is more about this booth in a blog post over on Kunin Group. Check out the video from the year we had the photo booth made from cookie boxes. You can find out how we made it in this post.
- Be prepared with great signs that share the prices. If people have to ask, they sometimes walk away.
- Create little notes to give as thank-you messages to customers. My troop LOVES to craft and make fun things like this.
- . Empower the girls in your troop to make realistic goals and reward them along the way. There are lots of fun patches out there to use as a resource for this.
- Keep the girls grateful and keep it fun. You can click on the printable and download it free. Here is a post I wrote about ways to keep them grateful.
Here are a few other tips:
- Have cookies out for tasting.
- Let the girls do all the talking.
- Be sure to always have enough change.
- Have bags ready to package up their purchases.
- Make aprons with pockets so the girls have pens and calculators (and a place for their cell phones too).
The fabric for these projects came from Consumer Crafts and can be purchased in their online store. We will be using it to create our booth this year for sure.
Cheers to Success,