Today is our cookie party and we are so excited. These Rudolph reindeer Oreo cookies are bound to be a hit with the little girls who are coming along with their mamas. I was surprised at how easy they came together and encourage you to give them a try. We had a lot of extra cherry sour candies left from our Girl Scout sale (We bagged them with darling toppers which I will share it a bit.) and I wanted to use them up. The candy eyes came in BULK (like a 1000 in my wholesale sprinkle order) so we sure had plenty on hand). You can get them on Amazon in a lesser quantity. I grabbed cookies and pretzels at the grocery store and because we keep candy melts in the baking cupboard, we had these stocked thanks to Wilton.
Here are a few tips before you start.
- Have all of your ingredients OPEN and ready to use.
- Practice melting the candy melts before you make your official batch of cookies.
- Keep a wet towel in your work station. You might need to wipe chocolate off your hands and licking them is a no no.
- Use Double Stuff cookies. They are easier to handle.
- Use extra cookies as a resting pad for the pretzels that are setting in melted cocoa on newly designed reindeer.
This photo shows how I used extra Oreo cookies to keep the pretzels in place while the chocolate set.
- 30 Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
- 1 Bag Wilton Melting Cocoa Wafers
- Candy Eyes
- Mini Pretzels
- Cherry Sour Balls
- Melt cocoa wafers.
- Dip ONE side of Oreo melted candy.
- Set eyes, pretzels and cherry sours in melted cocoa.
- Let cool completely.
- TIP: Use extra cookies to rest pretzels on until the cocoa hardens and they set in.
If you are a reindeer fan, come sit by me. I am too! I created a reindeer printable of activities for you to download, print and share with your kiddos.
How fun would this be to find at your place setting?
Happy Reindeer Games to All!
Cheers and Love,
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and buy something, I make a little bit of money which helps keep this creative blogging journey going. Thank you!