You have plenty of days left to make these last minute gift wrap bags using Oly*Fun from Fairfield World. They take about 5 minutes each to make and they are not only super cute, but re-usable too. You can buy Oly*Fun by the yard at your local craft store so getting the supplies is just a quick trip away (and if you are like me at this time of year includes a drive through at the coffee shop). This post is sponsored by Fairfield World but the ideas and opinions are my own. I think it would be fun to make a bag color per kiddo under the tree and use them from year to year.
To make the bags you will need the following materials and supplies.
- Oly*Fun (Yardage determined by size of your bags)
- Sewing Machine
These are literally SO EASY to make. Here are the directions.
- Cut two rectangles the same size from the same color of Oly*Fun, ensuring that they are tall enough to have an extra 10-12 inches above whatever you are wrapping. The width should be a few inches wider than your gift, depending on how deep it is.
- Sew the rectangles on three sides, all the way across the bottom and leaving 10ish inches from the top open on both sides.
- Put your gift in the bag.
- Cut strips of Oly*Fun about 3/4-1 inch wide and use them to tie the bags closed. You can either tie bows or make firecracker tie-ons.
- To make a firecracker tie-on, cut 8-12 of your strips to be 14 inches long. Tie them together in the middle and fluff. That’s it!!!
- You can also decorate your bags with cut out shapes and embellishments.
Cutting the bags out with a rotary cutter works great if you feel funny about getting it straight with scissors. This is an option if you have these tools I love how you can see my tree light reflecting in my giant ruler template. 🙂
This photo show how to put your gift in the bag, leaving the unsewn tops open.
Be sure to cut LOTS of strips of Oly*Fun.
This is a good photo of a firecracker bow BEFORE it is tied to a bag.
I kind of love the snowman bag. I used hot glue to add a few details and then a wider strip of red Oly*Fun for the tied on bow.
You can make small ones too. I made these to put some fun treats in from Hammonds Candies. We visited the factory last week (here in Denver) and got so many cute things to bag up and gift.
I love these bags because they are recyclable as in re-usable, over and over and over again. We plan to make some firecracker tie-on in rainbow colors and use the red and green bags again for birthdays in 2019! Stay tuned. The first birthday comes in May and I will share then.
Cheers to Handmade Gifts AND Handmade Wrapping!