Our pets love to get gifts, especially toys and treats. You can make your own water bottle dog toy with Kunin Felt and a sewing machine. The only other supply you need is an empty plastic bottle. This water bottle dog toy is a great project for beginning on the sewing machine! I love it because it doesn’t take very long so lots of water bottle dog toy treats can be made in one project sitting. Easy sew pet projects are the best! This post is sponsored by Kunin Felt but the ideas are my own.
To create a water bottle dog toy you will need the following supplies and tools.
- Kunin Felt in a Variety of Colors (Rainbow If You Want to Make a Rainbow and White for Clouds)
- Rotary Cutter and Cutting Pad
- Sewing Machine
- Water Bottle
Cut 7 felt pieces that measure 2 x 12 inches for the body of your dog toy. Cut a dozen 3/4 x 12 inch strips for the fringe of your easy sew dog toy.
Sew the seven wide strips together.
Pin the thin strips into looks along ends.
Sew the loops into place.
Fold your dog toy in half so the seams are showing and sew it into a tube then flip it right side out.
Insert the water bottle (empty with NO lid)!
Cut two felt strips to tie the ends closed.
I’m participating in the Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter. Come join the fun! 29 bloggers have teamed up to bring you a month full of free patterns to kick start the handmade holiday season — including crochet, knitting, and sewing projects. There’s something new to make every day in July. Each week will have a theme.
Week 1 (July 1-7): Babies, Kids, and Teens
Week 2 (July 8-14): Women
Week 3 (July 15-21): Men
Week 4 (July 22-28): Home
Week 5 (July 29-31): Pets
We’ve also partnered with some of our favorite companies to get some great prizes for you — including yarn, pattern books, and more! Find out more information about participating designers, the schedule, and how to enter to win the prizes on Underground Crafter. The deadline for entering the giveaway is Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
How To Join the 2019 Christmas in July Make Along
- You can join in by crocheting, knitting, or sewing the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CIJMakeAlong2019 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group
- By the end of the Make Along, you’ll have up to 31 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
Visit Underground Crafter to learn more about the prizes, enter the giveaway, and to get links to each Christmas in July Make Along post as it is released.
If you are fan of making your own dog treats, you might love this easy sew project too with a free pattern to make dog bandannas.