This post is sponsored by Barilla but the ideas are my own.
The holidays have arrived. We already have more than a dozen parties and events on our calendar with invites coming in daily. I guess this is what happens when you have four involved kids, a rocking neighborhood and both parents with work families. We love to take along appetizers and snacks to most celebrations and this one is a huge hit. These mini lasagna roll appetizers are quick to prepare and transport easily. The best part is you can grab all the ingredients needed in one quick trip to Walmart!
It is better (in my opinion) to use manicotti noodles than actual lasagna because they are easy peasy to stuff with the cheese mixture.
Just be sure to have a super sharp knife to cut them so they look pretty. It also help to cook them a little less than required to keep them stiff. The cheese is delightful. Mozzarella is my favorite. It is easy to shred and crumbles beautifully.
- 7 Barilla Manicotti Noodles - Cooked
- Barilla Marinara Sauce - 1 Cup
- Galbani Mozzarella Cheese (1 C Shredded)
- Galbani Ricotta Cheese (1/2 C)
- 1/4 C Parmesan Cheese
- 1 C Spinach Leaves
- Mix your three cheeses in a bowl then add spinach leaves and mix again.
- Use the mixture to stuff your manicotti, but not too full.
- Cut the manicotti noodles into four equal parts.
- Spread out on a serving plate.
- Drizzle hot marinara sauce over noodles.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top if desired.
You can also serve the bites over little beds of spinach leaves.
If you cut them into equal fourths, they are perfectly bite size!
This recipe is so fun to make with kids too. They love to do the stuffing part. It is within the perfect price range for what makes sense on a holiday budget too so that is another big win in our book.
Cheers to Yummy Goodness,